As a seller, your relationship with a Realtor is vital so meet with several before making a final decision. A good place to start is right in your neighbourhood. Check FOR SALE signs to see which Realtor are doing business in your area. Ask them about their track record, their knowledge of neighbourhood selling prices and other reasons why you should list with them. A safer way is to ask friends or family members to refer one who helped them – they could tell you if they were happy or not with that Realtor’s services. Choose a Realtor you feel comfortable with; one who will handle the sale of your home as if it were his or her own. Make sure the Realtor of your choice provides you with a written marketing plan attached and part of the listing agreement.
- Selling your home is an emotional event
- Start de-cluttering well before
- As you purchase new items for your home, donate or dispose of the unused ones on a yearly basis.
- Set a yearly budget for small upgrades so you’ll enjoy your home more while you’re living in it and not only when you sell it.
- Achieving the most money for your home is a combination of
- pricing strategy
- offer negotiation